$415,668 On-the-Job Car Accident Settlement
Client was killed in a car accident as he was driving away from work. Insurance company offered $0 to settle out of court, thus forcing a trial. After trial, the Magistrate entered an award that requires the insurance company to pay benefits totaling $415,668.
$415,000 Pedestrian/Motor-vehicle Accident Jury Verdict
We obtained a $415,000 jury verdict for two pedestrians who were injured when they were run over while walking on a downtown city sidewalk.
$525,000 Wrongful Death Mediation Settlement
Our client was struck by a distracted driver, resulting in our client dying from injuries caused by the crash. This case was settled for $525,000.
$465,000 Broadside Collision Settlement
A mother and daughter were traveling through an intersection in a school zone when they were broadsided by a vehicle traveling at highway speed, causing significant injuries.
$3,400,000 Wrongful Death Award
This wrongful death lawsuit involved the tragic and untimely death of a 64-year old woman who was struck head-on by a 21-year old delivery driver
$349,000 Broadside Collision Jury Verdict
A young woman was leaving a private drive when she was struck broadside by an elderly couple traveling at highway speed, causing significant injuries.
Real Stories. Real People.
At Miller | Embury PLLC, our Traverse City personal injury attorneys know that behind every claim for compensation is an injured victim and their family. This is why we never take your case lightly and always work hard to get you the compensation you need, whether it comes from a settlement or by jury verdict. We take your trust in us very seriously and return the favor with the representation you need, when you need it most.
Ryann was recommended to me by a very well-known judge in Traverse City Michigan. Upon his recommendation I contacted Ryan ...- Brad
I never once had to worry about whether they had our best interest at heart or not.- Ajay J.
Moreover, he works diligently to try to achieve the best possible outcome for his clients.- Lindsay C.
After losing our daughter to a car accident, Mr. Embury helped our family through a mess of legal work that included painful images, broken relationships, mediation, and a mountain of paper work.- Damon Carpenter
If you are looking for someone who truly cares, consistent, great with communication and fairness, you found the right people!- Nicole W.
I would highly recommend Miller and Embury, they are The Best - FIVE STARS!!!!!- Becky
Take my word for it, no one will work harder on your behalf than Miller Embury.- Christine
I also feel I have gained a lifelong friend. Many thanks Ryann.- Judith M.
Trust Miller | Embury, PLLC
For The Help You Need
Our smart and dedicated team of personal injury attorneys has obtained millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for our clients. We are not afraid of taking cases to court if we believe that our clients are being low-balled out of a fair settlement.
We genuinely care about the clients we represent. We never lose sight of the fact that each case in our care represents an injured victim and their families in need of our help. This serves as our driving force, both inside and outside of court.
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
You should consider hiring a personal injury lawyer in the following situations:
- Serious Injuries: If you have sustained severe or life-altering injuries, a personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the complexities of your case and ensure you receive the full compensation you deserve.
- Disputed Liability: If the responsible party or their insurance company is denying liability or placing the blame on you, a lawyer can investigate the accident, gather evidence, and build a strong case to establish fault.
- Complex Cases: Personal injury cases involving multiple parties, extensive injuries, or intricate legal issues can benefit from the expertise of a lawyer who can handle the complexities effectively.
- Insurance Companies' Tactics: Insurance companies may use various tactics to minimize your claim's value. A skilled personal injury lawyer can negotiate with them on your behalf and protect your rights.
- Statute of Limitations: Personal injury claims have specific time limits (statute of limitations) within which you must file a lawsuit. If the deadline is approaching, consulting with a lawyer promptly is essential to preserve your right to compensation.
- Loss of Income: If your injuries have resulted in significant time off work or reduced earning capacity, a lawyer can help assess the impact on your future financial well-being and seek fair compensation.
- Wrongful Death: In cases involving the wrongful death of a loved one, a personal injury lawyer can assist surviving family members in pursuing a wrongful death claim for financial losses and emotional suffering.
- Maximizing Compensation: A personal injury lawyer can help ensure you receive the maximum compensation available for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer can level the playing field and provide you with the expertise and support needed to navigate the legal process effectively, increasing your chances of a successful claim and fair compensation.
If a dog bites me, do I have a claim against the dog's owner?Yes. Under Michigan law, a dog owner must pay the damages caused by their dog biting someone. This is true even if the dog never exhibited any vicious or violent tendencies prior to the biting incident. Normally, the dog owner's homeowner's insurance carrier will pay the injured person's damages.
If I am involved in a boating accident, can I bring a lawsuit against the negligent boat operator?Yes. Boating accidents are more common than one might think, especially in Northern Michigan. Much like car accidents, an injured party is entitled to bring a lawsuit against a negligent boat operator. The same is also true if you are a passenger in a boat. You can bring a lawsuit against the boat operator if you are injured as a passenger. Like all personal injury actions, there are specific time limitations that could bar your claim. If you are involved in a boating accident and have sustained an injury, you should contact our firm immediately.
If I'm injured at work, what insurance benefits are provided by workers' compensation?If you are injured at work, the law requires your employer's workers' compensation insurance carrier to provide you with the following insurance benefits:
-The insurance company must pay all of your medical bills.
-The insurance company must pay your wage loss if you cannot return to work.
-The insurance company must reimburse you for the miles you drive to and from your doctors' appointment.
-The insurance company must pay to retrain you for a different job in the event you are injured so severely that you can never return to your job.