$900,000 Wrongful Death Settlement
$340,000 Workplace Accident Settlement
The client was severely injured when a 330-gallon steel propane tank fell 13 feet and landed on him while he was working. The settlement included all medical bills and wage loss workers' compensation benefits, as well as an additional $340,000 in compensation for his injuries.
$2,500,000 Wrongful Death Trucking Case Settlement
This wrongful death lawsuit involved the death of a construction worker at a highway construction site.
$515,000 Wrongful Death
$3,400,000 Wrongful Death Award
This wrongful death lawsuit involved the tragic and untimely death of a 64-year old woman who was struck head-on by a 21-year old delivery driver
$970,724 Car Accident Settlement
Client suffered a brain injury in a car accident.
Real Stories. Real People.
At Miller | Embury PLLC, our Traverse City personal injury attorneys know that behind every claim for compensation is an injured victim and their family. This is why we never take your case lightly and always work hard to get you the compensation you need, whether it comes from a settlement or by jury verdict. We take your trust in us very seriously and return the favor with the representation you need, when you need it most.
I cannot begin to state how much having these two on my side means to me and my family.- Missy Hyden
Moreover, he works diligently to try to achieve the best possible outcome for his clients.- Lindsay C.
Ryann was a very knowledgeable, compassionate, and tenacious lawyer.- Simon
Ryann Embury was an excellent communicator in our son's workmen's comp case. His caring and compassion went above and beyond ...- Pam
Working with Mr. miller I didn't feel like just a case number.- Former Client
I was very fortunate to have them in my corner.- Tim
I would put them up against large firm/insurance company anytime; they are really tough in negotiations!- Chrissy B.
I never once had to worry about whether they had our best interest at heart or not.- Ajay J.
Trust Miller | Embury, PLLC
For The Help You Need
Our smart and dedicated team of personal injury attorneys has obtained millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for our clients. We are not afraid of taking cases to court if we believe that our clients are being low-balled out of a fair settlement.
We genuinely care about the clients we represent. We never lose sight of the fact that each case in our care represents an injured victim and their families in need of our help. This serves as our driving force, both inside and outside of court.
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
You should consider hiring a personal injury lawyer in the following situations:
- Serious Injuries: If you have sustained severe or life-altering injuries, a personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the complexities of your case and ensure you receive the full compensation you deserve.
- Disputed Liability: If the responsible party or their insurance company is denying liability or placing the blame on you, a lawyer can investigate the accident, gather evidence, and build a strong case to establish fault.
- Complex Cases: Personal injury cases involving multiple parties, extensive injuries, or intricate legal issues can benefit from the expertise of a lawyer who can handle the complexities effectively.
- Insurance Companies' Tactics: Insurance companies may use various tactics to minimize your claim's value. A skilled personal injury lawyer can negotiate with them on your behalf and protect your rights.
- Statute of Limitations: Personal injury claims have specific time limits (statute of limitations) within which you must file a lawsuit. If the deadline is approaching, consulting with a lawyer promptly is essential to preserve your right to compensation.
- Loss of Income: If your injuries have resulted in significant time off work or reduced earning capacity, a lawyer can help assess the impact on your future financial well-being and seek fair compensation.
- Wrongful Death: In cases involving the wrongful death of a loved one, a personal injury lawyer can assist surviving family members in pursuing a wrongful death claim for financial losses and emotional suffering.
- Maximizing Compensation: A personal injury lawyer can help ensure you receive the maximum compensation available for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer can level the playing field and provide you with the expertise and support needed to navigate the legal process effectively, increasing your chances of a successful claim and fair compensation.
If a dog bites me, do I have a claim against the dog's owner?Yes. Under Michigan law, a dog owner must pay the damages caused by their dog biting someone. This is true even if the dog never exhibited any vicious or violent tendencies prior to the biting incident. Normally, the dog owner's homeowner's insurance carrier will pay the injured person's damages.
If I am involved in a boating accident, can I bring a lawsuit against the negligent boat operator?Yes. Boating accidents are more common than one might think, especially in Northern Michigan. Much like car accidents, an injured party is entitled to bring a lawsuit against a negligent boat operator. The same is also true if you are a passenger in a boat. You can bring a lawsuit against the boat operator if you are injured as a passenger. Like all personal injury actions, there are specific time limitations that could bar your claim. If you are involved in a boating accident and have sustained an injury, you should contact our firm immediately.
If I'm injured at work, what insurance benefits are provided by workers' compensation?If you are injured at work, the law requires your employer's workers' compensation insurance carrier to provide you with the following insurance benefits:
-The insurance company must pay all of your medical bills.
-The insurance company must pay your wage loss if you cannot return to work.
-The insurance company must reimburse you for the miles you drive to and from your doctors' appointment.
-The insurance company must pay to retrain you for a different job in the event you are injured so severely that you can never return to your job.